PHIL'S COOKIE FONDO by VERIZON // SUNDAY - OCTOBER 15, 2017
PHIL GAIMON'S 2017 COOKIE CORNER TOUR
Phil Gaimon's #cookiecorner rocked the 2017 Amgen Tour of California! We heckled the riders, ate some cookies, gave out tons of swag, and even got shoutouts from Phil Ligget & Paul Sherwen. More photos and Phil's summary available below.
'The Original Cookie Fondo'
In Phil Gaimon’s years as a pro cyclist, when he mentioned that he lived in Los Angeles, people would ask how he could train in a town known only for traffic and movie stars, but pro teams have held training camps in Malibu for years, and here's your chance to find out why.
Phil’s Fondo is his chance to show off the great climbs, ocean air, and perfect weather, to help Los Angeles get the reputation it deserves as a world-class cycling destination. Phil designed the courses himself, collected rider gifts from his favorite sponsors, and thanks to our fundraising partners, Chef’s Cycle and No Kid Hungry, we’ll have celebrity chefs and Michelin stars providing lunch at the expo Saturday, post-ride dinner Sunday, and gourmet cookies all weekend, for an LA food experience that would be worth the price of registration by itself.
Cookie Fondo - Greatest Hits
Registration Packages Include:
- Ride Entry to 2017 Cookie Fondo by Verizon. Ride & hang with Phil Gaimon, Cannondale Pro Cycling Team Members, and pro friends!
- Rider Swag Bag from Malibu Cookie Fondo Sponsors and Event Partners (New Balance, Camelbak, VeloFix, Cannondale & More).
- Invitation to "Draft Animals" book launch party at packet pickup on Saturday, with lunch by Top Chef Michael Voltaggio.
- Post-ride dinner and drinks by celebrity chefs Jeff Mahin, Bryan Voltaggio, Travis Flood, Brian Dunsmoor, and Cory Lane, for one the greatest food experiences you'll ever have...too good for a Fondo.
- Custom Participant Pack including bib number & pro-style name sticker for your bike.
- Fully-supported by VeloFix on the road.
- Cookies on top of climbs! Well-staffed & stocked aid stations.
- Malibu Gran Cookie Dough Expo w/ Cannondale Bike Demo, Sponsors & Cycling Vendors
- Optional Saturday (10/14) Warm-Up Ride w/ Phil's WorldTour Friends & Special Guests
Cookie Fondo Photos
A few of our favorites from last year.
Phil Gaimon is a former professional cyclist, author of "Pro Cycling on $10 a Day" & "Ask A Pro" and a Los Angeles resident when he's not traveling the US attacking famous climbs. Want to know more? Follow him on social media @philgaimon.